Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan War Results
Upcoming Clan Wars:

T.B.A
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Quick Links
SIXAXIS GAMING

PLAY-ASIA
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

MIGHTY APE

MY CLAN
Top posters
certified_stunna
Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice I_vote_lcapPoms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice I_voting_barPoms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice I_vote_rcap 
InMySight
Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice I_vote_lcapPoms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice I_voting_barPoms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice I_vote_rcap 
Air_Glimmerman
fcruz
Air_TheBusDriver
coconutrum
FIND_ME
Raging_Bull
WowLunch
humanknight
Staff
Forum Founders:

fcruz
certified_stunna

Admin:

Air_Glimmerman

King of woRm:

Air_Yoda

Some other guy that needs credit:

WowLunch

Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
certified_stunna
Member Rank: Senior
certified_stunna

Humor : Glimmer gettin T-BAGD by coco

Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice Empty
PostSubject: Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice   Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:43 am

Kiwis have the most socially attractive English accent outside of the motherland, eh.

According to a BBC survey, the New Zealand accent is one of most charming and prestigious English accents outside of Britain.

New Zealand English came in ahead of Australian, American and most regional British accents in the study published in the international Journal of Sociolinguistics, edited by Auckland University of Technology professor Allan Bell.

More than 5000 respondents from throughout Britain completed an online survey rating the prestige and social attractiveness of 34 different accents of English speakers.

--------

HOW WE SOUND FINE

INTONATION:
Kiwis use high rising terminal intonation relatively strongly. This is the rise of pitch at the end of the sentence where you would expect it to stay flat, so a statement sounds like a question.

Kiwis are known for their use of 'eh' at the end of a sentence.

VOWEL PRONUNCIATION:
For example, those who speak Kiwi English will pronounce the `e' in "bed" and "pen" with their tongue high in their mouth. Australians will hear this as "bid" and "pin".

VOCABULARY:
This has been made most distinctive by the increase in Maori English and Pasifika English which is noted for its difference in the timing of saying words in a sentence.

Full Article
Back to top Go down
http://www.wormzone.forumotion.net
WowLunch

WowLunch

Humor : If your uncle Jack helped you off a horse, would you help your uncle Jack off a horse?

PostSubject: Re: Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice   Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:50 am

who researchs this stuff lol
Back to top Go down
certified_stunna
certified_stunna

Humor : Glimmer gettin T-BAGD by coco

PostSubject: Re: Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice   Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:24 am

WowLunch wrote:
who researchs this stuff lol

The motherland lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wormzone.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice   Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 1:54 pm

I fuk and a kiwi gal noce ...told her to say... "me me so honey long time me honey long time" when I was giving some good loving....I swear she sound excatly like A VIETNAMIE GAL.

If u want to know who has a very sexy voice listen to fruz when is happy....he turn me on.
Back to top Go down
coconutrum
coconutrum

Humor : Air_TheBusDriver

PostSubject: Re: Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice   Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:24 pm

fish n chips?NO I WANT SUM FOSH N CHOPS! lol
Back to top Go down
fcruz
fcruz

Humor : Bitch slappin stunna in his tent

PostSubject: Re: Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice   Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:44 am

leave me out of this N4G you girl!
Back to top Go down
https://wormzone.forumotion.net
WowLunch

WowLunch

Humor : If your uncle Jack helped you off a horse, would you help your uncle Jack off a horse?

PostSubject: Re: Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice   Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:49 am

fush and chups.... such a turn on

NOT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice   Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice Empty

Back to top Go down

Poms reckon New Zild accent's rilly choice
Page 1 of 1