Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clan War Results
Upcoming Clan Wars:

T.B.A
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Quick Links
SIXAXIS GAMING

PLAY-ASIA
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

MIGHTY APE

MY CLAN
Top posters
certified_stunna
Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive I_vote_lcapFord Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive I_voting_barFord Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive I_vote_rcap 
InMySight
Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive I_vote_lcapFord Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive I_voting_barFord Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive I_vote_rcap 
Air_Glimmerman
fcruz
Air_TheBusDriver
coconutrum
FIND_ME
Raging_Bull
WowLunch
humanknight
Staff
Forum Founders:

fcruz
certified_stunna

Admin:

Air_Glimmerman

King of woRm:

Air_Yoda

Some other guy that needs credit:

WowLunch

Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
certified_stunna
Member Rank: Senior
certified_stunna

Humor : Glimmer gettin T-BAGD by coco

Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive Empty
PostSubject: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:48 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.wormzone.forumotion.net
Air_Glimmerman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Air_Glimmerman

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 am

old news, all aus spec cars will movie 2 fwd drive eventually. i believe ford will use the mondeo in usa as a base for aussie models.

They have closed quite a few local plants in vic and SA already
Back to top Go down
ICE
ICE

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:06 pm

lol holden wont move 2 FWD for as long as the future can see right now. as it stands holden is heading the large car program for GM and they are looking into bringing the torana back by using a smaller version of the VE architecture. if ford do move over 2 FWD enthusiasts will stop buying them and be left with only the choice of commodore/torana as a proper sports sedan, very bad move tbh as many other large cars have fallen prey 2 this
Back to top Go down
Air_Glimmerman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Air_Glimmerman

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 am

unfortunately even though the commo is still selling well here, the large car/big engine is slowlydying and it will be re-launched, ford america is about to release a production electric Evil or Very Mad focus later this year and chev already have a few on the go.

It will not be long before these start coming here although where about 5 years behind.

i have sen the new torana but the fags keep changing their minds on what the package will include. I hope they stick with the twin turbo 6 idea as that is good.

holden is just lucky they have government bailing them out as well as good exports to the arab nations otherwise they would be in the shit just as much as ford aus

Im happy the last good commodore/hsv/hdt was the walkinshaw and you could slip the gts-r and coupe 4 in their, new ones although they have great motors and potential but they are just the same shit with random tweaks to performance.

people are patriotic so they will not phase out anytime soon here, but give time ice it will happen to the big v8

waits for reply Suspect
Back to top Go down
certified_stunna
certified_stunna

Humor : Glimmer gettin T-BAGD by coco

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:51 am

HOLDEN ALL DAY!

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wormzone.forumotion.net
ICE
ICE

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:10 pm

the wait is over.... Suspect

ur wrong in the part where holden is lucky, the cars that we build here are said 2 be the worlds best value for money (coming from the other countries mouths not ours). holden saw an opportunity and grabbed it with both hands, the same opportunity that ford decided not 2 do which has proven catastrophic for ford aus. holden now has the backing of the US and they are again going 2 be releasing the commodore 2 the US badged as a Chevrolet instead of Pontiac. did u know that more VE/WM cars are sold around the world than what are sold in aus..... imagine if ford aus were smart enough at the time and also took the same initiative, we would be getting some major headlines the world over as a world class car building nation. can u name a better large family car in the world for even remotely similar money than the commodore or falcon? before u say aurion its not as good as the chassis is shit by comparison

the torana will most likely be starting off with the new 6 (possibly with more power) and a 4 cylinder but they arent sure about whether 2 go with a turbo or a supercharger for its halo model. things are looking up for holden as they are getting more and more stuff given 2 them from GM 2 produce. the only issue that we have is that GM is looking 2 make cars off the alpha platform (when it gets off the ground) over in america which will cut into our bottom line and might end up hindering holden in a fairly severe way.

yeah i agree that the v8 is being phased out from normal cars but they will remain in sports cars for a very long time as they produce an amazingly efficient power delivery by comparison 2 other options available. the low down torque produced from a good v8 makes it easy 2 drive through traffic, the way it revs oh so sweetly makes it easy 2 accelerate and control by comparison 2 a turbo car which has power like a light switch. not saying the turbo is shit as i quite like it but the v8 has so many advantages over a turbo model and with the right tuning can produce some awesome fuel economy. if u need more help showing what they can do then look no further than an AMG C63 which comes in at around 12.8L per 100km/h average yet produces 358kw and 600nm of pure NA goodness Smile
Back to top Go down
Air_Glimmerman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Air_Glimmerman

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 am

good points

rwd/fwd.awd decision soon
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/82DD02F098AFDF87CA2577F5001AAD07

back before the ve production was in full swing you may remember this.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/08/2649973.htm
being an aus company their factories support alot of families here, they would have been in trouble if not for the goverment.

yes you are right about the new platform being the best car they have made in terms of chassis, and motor (thankyou GM). but... their base models which are sold still have the shithouse faults that have plagued them for years.

You are also right about bang for buck theirs not alot around the world in the sport saloon catagory that can compete in this case. unless you dropping 200k on an audi merc or bimmer
but then again those companies have earned the right to charge extra for their badge. If you ever saw any holden or hsv homologation (spelling scratch ) charging over 100k no-one would buy it they tried with the 427 but at the production price i believe it was around 200k they knew they would not be selling many so it was chopped. beleive me if they could sell an hsv for 150k they would.

mmm c63 amg great car although the people designing their motors have quite a few resources

bottom line is no matter how good they do, GM's financial status has holden buy the balls, if they turn around which i think they are beginning to they will be alright. but the question I ask is what new flag ship cars they will be riding to become a powerhouse like they were many years ago.

cheap reliable power is good that why their is no replacement for displacment. But just like in the 70's when motors were getting stupidly big (which was gold) it hits a wall, then you remember some of the crap that came out in the 80's

I do like aus in terms of what we have created with what resources are available. case in point being the recent 4litre turbo six in the frauds now ,fantastc motor best things aus industry has ever done.

their better be something here from you tomorrow morning when i check my work comp Suspect

Last edited by Air_Glimmerman on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Air_Glimmerman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Air_Glimmerman

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:55 pm

off topic but I do what I want Cool

http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/slideshow_ajax.aspx?sectionid=75583&sectionname=showroom&subsectionid=6763879&subsectionname=gallery50sexiest

ac cobra

ford gt

im happy they were rated up their, no bullshit new car
Back to top Go down
ICE
ICE

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:49 am

sorry glimmer i have let u down, going on holidays for 2 weeks so i didnt even think about replying Sad i will make it up 2 u when i get back though lol
Back to top Go down
Air_Glimmerman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Air_Glimmerman

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:56 am

hey wanna trade, i go on holidays and you come and work here every day lol!

but seriousley its a good deal Suspect
Back to top Go down
ICE
ICE

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:51 am

lol dont think so mate, i am gunna go give craig a bit of shit for a week then move onto brissi so i can terrorize my friends down there Razz been a while since i went 2 brissi so i thought i better go see everyone
Back to top Go down
humanknight

humanknight

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:08 am

actually with the W427.. wasnt chopped.. they were all sold before they were even burolled out of the factory. Its an anniversary HSV which means only a few would be made anyways.

I think holden will stay with rwd. but go down to a 6 litre. like that of the new camaro?? i think thats a six. and it has outsold mustangs in the US for the 1st time in sumthing like 14 years.

however the VE is really good package. i or my family have never owned anything but holdens. usually bottom of the range ones. and we have had little to no problems, perhaps it is just the way people look after holdens in general, like they dont have leather seats or nuthing really to make you want to look after it...
i dunnno just a thought.

ford well...look at the ford US market. they build shit saloons except for the mustang which is basically 40k base price i think.

I personally being a big holden fan love the BA falcon. im surprised that didnt get more sales..
i could see ford going to fwd because they already have the mondeo and the focus in the market. so they could focus more on those models than rwd...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive   Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive Empty

Back to top Go down

Ford Falcon to ditch rear-wheel-drive
Page 1 of 1